Helplines and Websites for Advice and Support
Links to organisations providing advice and helplines:
- Oxfordshire County Council (including Schools, Parking, Registration Services, Coroners Service)
- Latest Government Stay Home Advice
- South Oxfordshire District Council (including Council Tax, Job Seekers, Waste Collections and other local issues)
Mental Health support
- Support to recover from mental health issues and staying independent is available from Connection Support – 01865 711267.
- Samaritans provide advice and support for anyone having a hard time. Call 116 123.
- CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably – supporting men under 45 with mental health issues. Call 0800 58 58 58.
- For housing advice, call our Housing Needs Team on 01235 422452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You find also find more information at gov.uk/housing or whitehorsedc.gov.uk/housing.
- Shelter offer housing advice, support and legal services – 0344 515 1380.
- emmaus offer support for the homeless – 0300 303 7555.
- Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Service offers confidential advice and guidance as well as practical support to help rebuild your confidence and empower people to make the changes they want. To access support via the Oxfordshire helpline dial 0800 731 0055 10am to 7pm weekdays.
- Reducing the Risk provide information and services for those affected by domestic abuse in Oxfordshire. Their Facebook page has helpful content. Call 01865 965055.
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 200 0247 operate 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Women’s Aid have published COVID-19 safety advice for survivors to support women during this time.
- Oxfordshire Sexual and Rape Crisis Centre (OSARCC) provides support for female survivors of sexual abuse, rape and harassment. Call 01865 726295.
- For relationship advice and support call Relate on 01865 242960.
Drugs and alcohol
- National Drugs Helpline (FRANK) – information about drugs and drug use, help and advice – 0300 1236600.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking – 0800 9177650.
- Drinkaware – UK-wide alcohol education charity helping people make better choices about their drinking – 020 7766 9900.
- Modern Slavery Helpline – report concerns or seek advice about modern slavery – 08000 121 700.
- Action Fraud – the national reporting centre to report and to get advice about fraud and cybercrime – 0300 123 2040.
- Support in finding and remaining in employment is available from the Oxfordshire Employment Service – 01865 815809.
- Free debt advice is available from the National Debtline – 0808 808 4000
- Money Advice Service also provides free debt advice – 0800 138 1677
- SODC Financial Advice